Have you guys ever heard of this? Well quite a few years ago we were canning pears and we had some really really ripe ones and so my mom looked up a recipe using pears and found this recipe. She isn’t for sure where she got it anymore… but probably someplace like food network or all recipes. You know, the sites before we had Pinterest! haha 🙂 Well she left my sister home to make it and said “don’t put cloves in… I don’t like them!” Well… my sister forgot and put it in! (I love you! haha) Well my mom came home and she felt sooo bad but we tried it and absolutely loved it! It is one of the very few recipes we add it to.
This makes a fabulous dessert, party cake, or even breakfast! (If people can have coffee cake for breakfast surely this is ok! I mean it has fruit, eggs, flour… better than most breakfast cereals!
Well. You aren’t here to hear me ramble so here is the recipe! It isn’t a super complicated one.
Fresh Pear Cake
4 Cups diced, peeled pears (We freeze some with the sugar so we can make this anytime)
2 Cup Sugar
3 Cups flour
1 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cloves
4 egg whites
2/3 cup canola oil
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Combine pears and sugar and let stand for one hour.
2. 2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees; Spray a 10 inch bundt pan
3. 3. Slightly beat the egg whites and combine them with the oil, chopped pecans and pear mixture
4. Stir the flour, salt baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in the pear mixture.Pour
batter into the bundt pan.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hr. 10 min. Remove from oven and let cool on rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
And thats it! pretty simple. When we cook it we like to spray the pan, then coat it with a little sugar. (Put a tablespoon or so of sugar in pan and roll it around till it coats all the edges. Dump the excess out.